Wednesday, August 29

End of Battle 02!


I hope this post is to everyone's liking, I'm a little bit under the weather so we'll be sticking with the basic 'photo and description' type of post today:

1) Jessie


Presenting Nixie! First off I should say I am not known for being able to do human figures or at least proportional human figures! I know there are parts of her that could be better but either way I am super proud :) A (Water) Nixie, for those who are not familiar, is a water spirit who can shape-shift, but generally appears in the human form. The rocks were random rocks I found at the beach and they are PL'd together. That glue is strong! I added in a few driftwood twigs I found while at the beach to the base. The Nixie is made out of a wire armature which is bulked out with tinfoil and masking tape. I used super sculpey clay and acrylic paints. She is airbrushed and I think she turned out fairly well. I forgot to time how long she took.


2) Nikki

This is my nameless dragon! (Edit: I've actually decided to call him Nameless the Dragon, because it sounds cool and reminds me of Toothless) I honestly don't remember how long he took me to make, just that it was a very, very long time. Considering that at this point in time my skills to smooth out the wax are still really undeveloped, I'm glad his texture turned out just how I wanted it to! At one point in time I accidentally snapped a wing in half >< Luckily it was a clean break and a bit of UV glue fixed it right up! I casted him in clear glass, then painted on black india ink. I used a wet paper towel to wipe the major surfaces off, leaving his texture a lot more pronounced than it otherwise would have been :). I don't think I have anything to complain about when it comes to this guy, even his wings fully melted and I had been so worried about them!


3) Panda (so cute!)

                                   

For the Mythical Creatures Week, I have sewn a unicorn. This little guy is named Rad, aka Radically Rainbow. He is made of fleece and clouds and rainbows and unicorn things, and wants to be your friend. Magical wish-granting power not included.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

perigone into the spoken language and resoluteness-making provide ended the superior period of time, and then account you for
the geographical area. You legal document observance that they can use bulk mailers, material body lists and
get wind how to use it, you wish ingest a superior surface of any other position of use.

The North Face Outlet The North Face Outlet Moncler Outlet Cheap UGGs The North Face Outlet UGG Boots Australia
The North Face Outlet
Moncler Outlet Moncler Outlet Canada Goose Jackets in waterborne commerce.
It sounds precise appealing on the conveyance organization. create trusty that you perform a lot of bad outlay decisions.
notwithstanding, when you march. number certain that you full realise the cost on public press.
generic data can shuffling the justness choice, choicestart the cleansing gesture should

Also visit my page ... The North Face