Thursday, February 28

Art Therapy

Here's a handy 4 minute BBC video about the perceived power of art therapy, as well as the issues these programs face.


I believe fully in Art Therapy. Even if it can't cure cancer it has created many wonderful artists, especially through army based programs. You may not have known that last tidbit, but the army's art therapy programs really helped to revitalize the North American art scene (or at least the glass art scene haha) after the second world war. I'll offer some more information about that impact after I get in touch with one of my teacher's about the subject.

I know what I think, but what do you think? Is art therapy helpful to people on all walks of life, or is it just the equivalent of the 'miracle pill' that never makes you better?



No comments: