Thursday, February 21

Marc Petrovic's Birds

Since we have been talking lately about different ways to educate the public about your working process, I thought it would be a wonderful opportunity to show off the crazy thing that Marc Petrovic does.

That is an amazingly realistic bird, sitting on top of the sheet of glass it was made from.


You can trust me when I say that creating that fused sheet of glass would be a lot of work. Too much work for me.


I still can't fathom how those wings become wings.


And for those who are interested, here's a 23 minute video of him making the bird (you can skim through it of course):




So, now that  you know what I'm talking about - I think displaying the fused sheet with the bird makes it that much more amazing, because you can start trying to imagine how he made it into a bird. If you have absolutely no idea how he did it you can just brush it off and walk away, but he's given you hints to get your mind going - ingenious!

Are there any other working processes that could maximize the finished piece by being politely displayed with it?

No comments: